Our mission at The Little Potato Company is “To Feed the World, Better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer Potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
In this exciting opportunity, the Sanitation Technician is responsible for the deep cleaning and sanitation of equipment and the facility per the sanitation schedule and as needed.
This position reports to the Sanitation Supervisor and will be based in the Edmonton, AB facility. The role will require shift flexibility, overtime and weekend work as needed.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributing to a safe and sanitary environment by maintaining a clean and organized workplace.
- Identifying and reporting repetitive disorganized or unsanitary areas in the plant and contributing to action plans to address and resolve issues.
- Inform the Production Supervisor/ Sanitation Supervisor of all Health & Safety issues immediately.
- Ensure sanitation schedule is followed and completed timely and thoroughly, report and address any duties not completed to avoid delinquent orders or improperly maintained equipment.
- Dismantling guarding to prepare for deep cleaning and preventative maintenance, assisting maintenance staff to reassemble or grease if required.
- Maintain general oversight of building conditions with particular attention paid to cleanliness, product storage, safety concerns, product damage prevention and internal security concerns.
- Flexible to work on any shift, if needed.
- Working with maintenance to plan and prepare for equipment overhauls, installations or other special projects to minimize downtime and maximize idle hours.
- Completing and submitting daily work orders and reports.
- Other assigned duties as assigned by the Sanitation Supervisor.
- Experience in food plant sanitation preferred.
- Basic mechanical skills: able to use wrenches/ screwdrivers and grease guns safely and proficiently.
- Forklift and scissor lift certified, an asset.
- WHMIS trained.
- Experience performing and completing SOP’s.
- Food safety and sanitation certified.
- Ability to work rotating shifts as required.
- Able to follow lockout procedures.
- Able to effectively use pressure washers, floor washers, mops/ brooms, compressed air.
- Functions effectively in a team environment.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
If you’re an innovative Leader looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.