Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the General Labourer (Grader) is responsible for grading, sorting, and/or classifing washed potatoes by size, weight, color, and condition as per company specifications. Shift work, able to work overtime and weekends as required.
This position will be based in DeForest, WI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect washed potatoes (in accordance to quality) by grading and sorting them according to factors such as color, rotten, length, width, misshape, frozen tubers, and other diseases.
- Discard defective potatoes and/or foreign matter into the cull shoot and allow acceptable potatoes to pass through for sizing.
- Use both hands to grade potatoes and ensure proper PPE is used.
- Report any quality related issues to the Production Supervisor or QC Technician.
- Maintain all working areas by keeping all areas clean and organized while working; ensuring floors are clear of all debris, including potatoes.
- Conform and adhere to all established company policies and procedures and government legislations pertaining to occupational health and safety.
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor.
- Experience in food manufacturing is preferred.
- Able to lift and stack up to 25lb boxes.
- Basic English language skills to read, understand, and follow instructions and adhere to rules and regulations.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail required.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s infectious around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
If you’re an innovative Leader looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.