The primary responsibilities of the Director Talent Management and HR Program Design will be to develop, design and lead the Company’s talent strategy and acquisition, total rewards, workforce analytics and technology and HR programs that support a high growth environment.
The Director Talent Management and HR Program Design is a strategic business partner who understands the needs of the organization and proactively introduces and implements innovative solutions which will assist in executing business strategies and facilitate the achievement of organizational goals and elevating The Little Potato Company’s Employee Experience. This role requires equal parts strategic thinking and diving deep into practical application with teams at all levels and on a global scale. This role will report to the VP Human Resources and will be based in either our Edmonton, AB office or our DeForest, WI office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the VP of Human Resources to set the vision and strategy for the HR function to achieve the long-range goals for HR.
- Partners with senior leadership to execute business strategies and facilitate the achievement of organizational goals.
- Works with key stakeholders to ensure consistency and standardization of all HR functions across the company’s business units.
- Designs a comprehensive talent strategy to ensure successful execution of business objectives.
- Partners with senior leaders to provide strategic direction and input regarding overall Talent Acquisition strategies, including assessing short and long-term talent needs, identifying critical talent gaps within the organization, and develops strategies to address.
- Manages the best-in-class candidate experience strategies and establish strong working relationships across the Little Potato Company regions.
- Develops, manages, and continues to evaluate the effectiveness of sourcing strategies and recruitment initiatives.
- Improves the effectiveness of all HR/Talent programs and builds data-driven business cases to improve the Little Potato Company’s core talent processes.
- Participates in the development of the Employer Brand and adapt locally the Talent Attraction Strategy, focusing on leveraging social media and digital marketing to engage with talent communities across North America.
- Works collaboratively with the internal teams to update and improve employee referral programs, social media strategies, competency-based interview guides, internal talent acquisition strategies, employer value proposition development, and the Little Potato Company branding.
- Manages all recruiting efforts, including managing candidate pipeline and ATS, employer brand presence, as well as external relationships with recruiters.
- Directs the talent acquisition team and leads the recruitment function globally.
- Sources pipeline of A-players for all open positions through self-sourced candidates, team member referrals and coordination with outside recruiting vendors.
- Works across the organization to achieve/maintain a 90% success rate recruiting and retaining A-players by following the Topgrading hiring methodology.
- Prepares and coordinates relevant interview itineraries, structured interview guides, and key criteria selection documentation.
Employee Experience – Orientation and On-boarding
- Builds a uniquely tailored day-1 and first 30 days onboarding plan for each salaried new hire in collaboration with HR and the hiring manager.
- Leads the transition from manual process to ATS/HRIS enabled onboarding.
- Leads a successful onboarding process for new employees, setting them up for success.
- Develops progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives, and rewards across all locations.
- Leads compensation strategy for the company by recommending programs, sales and commission plans, variable compensation designs, bonus programs, and long-term incentive programs.
- Ensures the competitiveness of Total Reward programs including comprehensive compensation, benefits, incentives benchmarking and alignment of compensation structures.
- Drives the annual salary review processes by managing all operational requirements for compensation year-end process including measuring market competitiveness, annual salary review process, annual incentive plan process.
- Collaborates with members of the HR Operations and Finance teams to facilitate the Little Potato Company’s budgeting and compensation planning activities.
- Develops and implements innovative recognition programs to enhance the motivation and productivity of employees. Collaborates with HR Operations to negotiate with brokers and third-party solution providers.
Workforce Analytics and Technology
- Build, recommend and maintain a strategic roadmap for the Human Resources Information Systems initiatives
- Identifies key metrics to assess and diagnose the health of the organization.
- Applies knowledge of HR metrics and uses data to appropriately assess and influence/drive business decisions.
- Develops an executive dashboard to facilitate a conversation with the management team, and enable the HR team to track the impact of key initiatives.
- Manages the ATS implementation, maintenance of the system and potential upgrades/changes.
HR Program Design and Development
- Responsible for developing and managing HR programs that are strategically aligned with the organization’s goals and needs.
- Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries, and markets.
- Develops appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the organization.
- Establish a continuous performance and quality improvement effort with the help of a robust monitoring and reporting system.
- Responsible for enterprise risk management across all locations.
- Key projects to include: Job analysis and job family, design of performance management system, design of corporate HR intranet site.
- 10+ years in a direct leadership role, and 2 to 3 year’s experience leading at a Director level.
- An undergraduate Degree with a SHRM or CHRP designation and an MBA or other post-graduate training would be considered an asset.
- Excellent change management skills – comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, able to methodically work through complex problems, set priorities and execute on commitments.
- Demonstrated ability to strike the right balance between speed/flexibility and process/compliance. Be highly analytical about leading the function and ensure that the organization rigorously measures and analyzes the right things to drive success.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and presentation skills.
- Proven and progressive responsibility in human resources, particularly delivering and leading talent acquisition strategy and activities. Demonstrated experience in a similar role operating in Canada and the United States.
- Experience with HR technology, tools, and reporting.
- Global mindset, with a sensitivity to and willingness to work across cultures and time zones
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to travel 25% of their time.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
If you’re an innovative Leader looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.