Our mission at The Little Potato Company is “To Feed the World, Better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer Potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
The Accounts Payable Administrator is primarily responsible for the general function of Accounts Payable, ensuring that invoices are entered and coded correctly, and paid as per payment terms, as well as other various month-end functions. Secondarily, to assist with accounts receivable, collections, and other accounting duties. This position will report to the Corporate Controller, and be based in our Edmonton, AB office.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Primarily responsible for all aspects of Accounts Payable; processing vendor invoices (maintaining appropriate approval levels), other payables, preparing payments in various forms (cheques, wires, EFT’s, ACH’s, etc.).
- Process Company payments and prepare bank deposits.
- Assist in month end and year end duties; including various account reconciliations (fixed assets, long term debt, prepaid expenses) and accruals (obtaining information, creating entries and ensuring proper support documents are in place).
- Preparation of bank reconciliations for the Canadian and USD bank accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end review files for outside auditors.
- Review vendor keep payment terms current through regular maintenance.
- Filing and maintenance of A/P files.
- Match invoices with purchase orders; prepare approval slips and attach with invoices.
- Coding and inputting of trade payables.
- Complete accounts payable cheque runs.
- Calculation and processing of grower and royalties’ payables.
- Process employee expense claims, ensuring they are coded to the proper department and expense account(s).
- Match cheques with invoices; follow up on getting signatures; mail or courier as requested.
- Communicate with vendors regarding payments and billing issues and follow up on inquiries.
- Meet month-end deadlines.
- Maintain a good relationship with suppliers.
- Ensure a timely turnaround of accounts payable and expense claims.
- Other accounting duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Accounting Diploma is an asset.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks independently as well as being a team leader.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Quick learner with the ability to accurately meet deadlines.
- Microsoft NAV experience would be an asset
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Data entry skills.
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers and employees in a professional manner.
- Organization and planning.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving.
- Strong team player and works well in a collaborative environment.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
If you’re an innovative Leader looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.