It may seem like a “mission impossible.” You, the one-person SWAT team, descend on the kitchen without warning at 5 pm, crack open the cupboard and fridge, quickly assemble your hit list of ingredients and—boom—dinner is on the table!
It’s not top secret. You can unlock the code for creating best-of-class evening meals quickly with finesse, without ever leaving the premises. Every agent needs a nifty arsenal of hidden tricks to dip into—like 007 with his MI6 headquarters stash. Your version is a well-stocked kitchen, armed with high-quality building block essentials. Our chefs agreed to pass along their confidential pantry list items so you can complete your mission successfully every time. But keep it covert. No one needs to know how you manage to pull it off.
Essential Pantry Staples – the Master List:
From The Pantry
- Oil: Vegetable, olive (pure for frying, extra-virgin for eating)
- Vinegar: Balsamic, red wine, apple cider, rice
- Little Potatoes – 1.5-lb bags, 3-lb family-sized bags (new in Canada!), Oven|Grill Ready and Microwave Ready Creamers
- S&P + kosher salt
- Soy sauce
- Canned beans
- Chicken broth
- Tomato sauce
- Canned tomatoes
- Red wine, white wine (some for you, some for the recipe…)
- Sugar: white and brown
- Vanilla ice cream
From The Fridge/Freezer
- Greek yogurt
- Cheese: Cheddar, mozzarella
- Dijon mustard
- Veggies – your favorite (bell peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, green beans)
- Frozen veggies (corn, peas, spinach)
- Frozen protein (ground beef, pork tenderloin, chicken breasts, prawns, fish fillets)
WHAT’S ON YOUR PANTRY ESSENTIALS LIST? ARE WE MISSING ANYTHING IMPORTANT?
PLEASE CHIME IN!
To get more tips on nutritious eating, plus find new delicious and healthy recipes, sign up for our monthly newsletter. And join the social media conversation! If you have questions, comments or quips, don’t hesitate to get in touch: email@example.com.
Did you like what you read?