Our first post on Summer go-to dinner ideas was such a hit that we’ve decided to add another 10 to our list.
These should help you get fueled up and back to your activities in no time at all!
- Creamy (light) – Pretty much everyone loves buttery scalloped potatoes, but they are heavy. We’ve revisited the classic with this take: Light Creamy Dill Scalloped Potatoes. The result: a fraction of the fat, but still as decadent tasting. Serve with poached fillet of sole or turkey meatloaf (No. 7, above).
- Potato pizzaz – Garlic-laced, Parmesan-infused pesto has bite and snap, and it elevates Creamers to the gourmet zone. This simple recipe for Pesto Parmesan Roasted Potatoes pair wonderfully with a juicy, grilled ribeye or barbecued ribs. Serve with grilled eggplant and zucchini.
- Fully-loaded turkey soup – While a healthy protein, turkey can be bland on its own. But not in this Slow Cooker Turkey & Potato Soup, brimming with flavors, textures and nutritious veggies. Carrots, celery, Creamers, diced tomatoes, ground turkey and herbs combine to make a savory broth. This one reheats, and freezes, well. Serve with a crusty baguette.
- Salad standout – Basil-buttermilk dressing makes Roasted Potato Green Bean Salad a winner. Use fresh, tender summer greens as the backdrop to ripe cherry tomatoes, seasonal green beans and our Oven|Grill Ready Creamers (Barbecue Blend). Serve with grilled prawns or veggie burgers.
- Sweet-salty – This original dish mixes Oven|Grill Ready Barbecue Blend Creamers with parsley, dates and roasted, salted peanuts over a bed of kale leaves—an alluring ying-yang flavor combo. Sweet and Salty Potato Salad transforms the usual into something exceptional. Serve with roasted chicken or grilled lamb.
- Barbecued veg – Pair BBQ Potatoes and Vegetable Medley with steak and you can make the whole meal on the barbecue. Use your grill basket to cook seasoned Terrific Trio Creamers, sweet bell peppers, garlic cloves and zucchini, then drizzle in Balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Serve immediately.
- Classic contrast – Pairing a pleasantly aggressive blue cheese with sweet honey is traditional Italian. Garnished with fresh rosemary, Gorgonzola and Honey Roasted Potatoes not only looks tantalizing on the plate, it’s a delicious study in flavor and texture contrasts. Our fun fingerling potatoes add a playful dimension. Serve with beef or salty pulled pork.
- Set it and forget it – This is a simple one-pot meal you can prep in the morning, add to the Crock Pot to simmer and leave it til dinnertime. Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken & Potatoes is savory and hearty with an onion-laced broth and tender Blushing Belle Creamers. Serve with a spinach side salad topped with slivered, toasted almonds.
- Avocado special – Velvety avocados are at their peak in summer. Try Crispy Potatoes with Garlic Lemon Avocado Aioli to enhance your favorite seasonal staple. A little heat enhances our bold Chilean Splash Creamers and the aioli is seriously addictive. We like this one with seafood or grilled halibut.
- Low-cal Argentine-style – At just 233 calories a serving, Chimichurri Roasted Potato & Chicken is a healthy, savory meal-in-one. A popular Argentine green sauce usually paired with red meat, chimichurri gives the Creamers and (boneless, skinless) chicken thighs a vinegar-garlic-oregano kick. Serve with a simple green salad.
WHAT’S ON YOUR GO-TO DINNER RECIPES? WE WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT!
To get more tips on nutritious eating, plus find new delicious and healthy recipes, sign up for our monthly newsletter. And join the social media conversation! If you have questions, comments or quips, don’t hesitate to get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo Credit: Cocoa Bean, the Vegetable
Did you like what you read?